Initial investment: RUB
4,355,000 ♦ Payback period: 24 months
♦ Dry cleaning profitability: 35%
People always want to look good. And harmful stains appear here and there on clothes, you won’t even have time to blink.
And it’s one thing when it comes to an old T-shirt from home, it’s not a pity to throw it away or fill it with vigorous stain remover (after which it will most likely have to be thrown away).
But what if an expensive snow-white blouse leaves a trace of spilled wine or a trace of lipstick? Of course, you need to run to the dry cleaners!
And what for some is a solution to a problem, for others it can become a profitable business.
Opening your own dry cleaners will require considerable returns and investments from the owner. However, if you are ready to go for it, draw up a competent dry cleaning business plan and strictly follow it, the payback will not be long in coming!
Dry Cleaning Business Plan: Planning
There are several options for implementing a dry cleaning plan:
- Reception opening.
If you want to provide dry cleaning services and the budget is limited, you can open only one point to receive customer orders.
This requires a small amount of capital and an established connection to a reliable network of dry cleaners, to whom you will take things for cleaning.
The biggest advantage of this option is that it shifts almost all the problems to the “big brother”.
In order for the representatives of the franchise network to grant you the right to use the name, help with equipment, personnel and premises, you will only have to regularly pay interest on profits for this.
- Organization of own dry cleaning.
This option is the most traditional, so consider your business plan in more detail.
This dry cleaning business plan provides for the opening of a company in Moscow at the address: X street, building 1. For the needs of the project, a room will be rented on the ground floor of the shopping center.
- Provide the labor market with new vacancies.
- Satisfy the need of individuals and companies to receive dry cleaning services at an affordable price and in a short time.
- Get profit.
It is worth returning from time to time to the goals specified in the business plan in order to control the progress of the project.
Marketing plan for opening a dry cleaners
The analysis of the current market situation, which is included in the dry cleaning business plan, shows high growth rates.
There has been a decline in this area since the early 1990s. However, over the past five years, the pace of development has increased. Demand for dry cleaning services has grown, and existing companies are not keeping up with the volume of orders.
This led to the emergence of vacancies in the niche of launching new dry cleaners.
The standard of living of the people is rising. What used to be considered an attribute of a luxurious life has now become an integral part of life.
Growing revenues and affordable service prices mean that the target audience for dry cleaners is constantly growing and expanding.
The target audience
The collection and analysis of statistical data for a business plan showed that the main clients of dry cleaners are the following categories of people:
- High-income clients who can afford to buy expensive items and have them professionally cleaned.
- Middle-income customers: contact less often, but with large volumes of orders or complex contamination (i.e. request more expensive services).
- Organizations providing services to the population (hotels, salons).
- Organizations engaged in the sale of clothing or products made of textiles, suede, fur.
- Organizations whose employees wear uniform uniforms.
The distribution of target audience categories is as follows:
- by age: women – 59%, men – 41% of clients;
- by type of activity: employees – 28%, entrepreneurs – 24%, managers – 22%, housewives – 17%, other types of employment – 9%.
Take note: What business is relevant today?
The 39th President of the United States, Jimmy Carter (born 1924), once took his jacket to the dry cleaners and left a cheat sheet with codes for launching nuclear weapons in his pocket.
Dry Cleaning N is located in a high traffic area.
In order to attract customers to open and transfer random visitors to the status of regular visitors, the following advertising methods listed in the business plan will be used:
- Creation of a website, as well as placement of advertising banners of the project on third-party resources.
- Distribution of leaflets at the entrance to the shopping center and at the nearest intersections with data on promotions and average prices for services.
- Loyalty program for regular customers.
- Placing advertisements for dry cleaning services on billboards.
Dry cleaning staff
Dry cleaning schedule specified in the business plan: 9:00-21:00 seven days a week. To do this, employees will work in two shifts.
The position of the manager will be taken by the initiator of the project. A training course for contract personnel will be held before the start of the project.
|Technical staff||four||20 000|
|Total:||eight||210 000 rub|
In addition, it is imperative to include a list of duties for each position in the dry cleaning business plan, based on the data of the Labor Code.
- Technologist: evaluates things received from buyers, assessing the type and degree of contamination, controls the correct operation of the equipment, assigns a method for removing stains and delivery times for the order, helps to resolve conflict situations with buyers, accepts comments and suggestions, performs other managerial duties.
- Reception – accepts customer orders, controls payment for services, informs about the timing, availability of promotions and special offers, answers questions about the range and cost of services, maintains a report on project activities and resolves customer issues and complaints.
- Dry cleaning technical staff: performs all organizational and technical activities necessary to provide services to customers, monitors the serviceability of equipment, cleanliness in the workplace and performs other instructions from the management.
- Manager (project initiator): coordinates the work of dry cleaning, monitors the serviceability of equipment, stores consumables, purchases the necessary detergents, solves problems that arise, sets tasks for other employees, pays them wages, monitors cleanliness at facilities and compliance with technical work standards , pays close attention to requests for services and comments from customers.
Also Read: Cleaning Company Business Plan
Dry cleaning equipment
The second most important point, in addition to choosing the location of dry cleaning, is the purchase of high-quality equipment.
To get started, you need to purchase:
- chemical cleaning machines (with a load of 10-12 kg);
- ironing table;
- stain remover;
- washing machine (for 8 kg);
- dryer (15kg);
- steam dummy;
- steam generator;
- Packaging equipment;
- little extra equipment.
1,900,000 rubles will be spent on the purchase and installation of equipment under the project.
The specifications should also be included in the dry cleaning business plan as an attachment.
It would be helpful to know what it is
professional cleaning process.
About it in the video:
Dry Cleaning Business Plan: Project Implementation
In order for investors and the project managers themselves to control its implementation on time, the project business plan must include an opening calendar.
When you’re done, it might look like this:
1. Registering a company, ordering a print, obtaining the necessary permits.
Implemented by the future owner of the dry cleaners.
2. Conclude an investment agreement and receive the necessary initial capital.
3. Find a suitable place for future dry cleaning and sign a lease.
4. The advertising campaign of the project begins, which will continue throughout the subsequent time.
Most often, the case is entrusted to a specially hired employee of a third-party organization or advertising agency.
5. Field repair and finishing work begins.
Usually the process takes several months and a team of specialists is hired to carry out the work on a turnkey basis.
6. Purchased equipment for gyms, locker rooms, office, client area.
Equipment specifications are included in a separate business plan appendix.
7. Start searching for employees in the state.
The process of recruiting and training staff in special cases can take several months, so it should not be postponed until later.
To make it easier for you, you can hire a human resources specialist who will complete it faster and better.
8. Installation of purchased equipment, furniture, decor elements.
9. Final preparations and the beginning of dry cleaning.
Calculation of the cost of opening a dry cleaner
|Purchase of equipment||1 900 000|
|Purchase of office equipment: computer, telephone, printer||60 000|
|Financing the project before reaching the break-even point||2,260,000|
|Unexpected expenses||60 000|
The implementation of the N dry cleaning project requires an investment of 4,355,000 rubles.
An amount of 4,000,000 will be received from investors.
The rest of the amount – 355,000 rubles – will be covered by the personal funds of the project initiator.
In addition to the costs of starting the business, the start-up costs in the business plan include the amount needed to keep the dry cleaners running to break even.
The largest costs are spent on purchasing quality equipment for the project and financing the implementation of the dry cleaning business plan until the company breaks even.
The distribution of resources is clearly demonstrated by the diagram:
Dry Cleaning Business Plan: Financial Ratio Analysis
Current costs of the project
|Product cost||Cost, rub.)|
|Premises for rent||100,000|
|Staff salary||210 000|
|Payments for utilities, payment for communication services||50,000|
|Tax payment||160 000|
|Total:||565 000 rub|
The most extensive items of expenditure are the cost of renting premises, paying wages to employees and various tax deductions noted in the business plan.
Thus, in addition to the initial costs of launching the project, it will require monthly expenses in the amount of 565,000 rubles.
To calculate the estimated revenue of the project, the data given in the business plan are used:
- Average sales figures for companies similar to Dry Cleaner N by territory, price level, and service catalog.
- Prices for the most popular services to be provided in N.
|Product type||Average cost (rub.)|
|Dry cleaning of textile and knitwear group||850|
|Dry cleaning of leather and suede products||3200|
|Dry cleaning of leather goods||2 100|
Most often, clients require dry cleaning services to put in order textile and knitwear products.
Approximately the same percentage is occupied by the categories “things made of leather and suede” and “fur products”.
In addition, things that do not fall into any of these categories are often brought to dry cleaning: rugs, car seats, covers, and much more.
Based on the average statistics of the business plan, dry cleaning will pay off in 24 months.
Every business owner faces challenges, and dry cleaning is no exception.
Such a project requires large investments and pays off only after a few years of work. At the same time, it is necessary to regularly pay considerable tax deductions.
Not all entrepreneurs can afford the luxury of not going under.
But if you draw up a competent business plan and invest all your time and energy, then you will definitely succeed.